What To Do About Cockroaches In Your Roanoke Home
Cockroaches running around your Roanoke home are sure to spread disease, destroy your property, and ruin the peace of your residence. For cockroach control, you can count on, contact Roanoke pest control professionals and benefit from expert cockroach removal tactics.
How To Identify A Cockroach Infestation In Your Home
Cockroach infestations in Roanoke may start small initially, but this insect is incredibly prolific and can reproduce rapidly. Within a few weeks, a handful of cockroaches can lead to a widespread, difficult-to-remove infestation. Keep an eye out for the following signs of a cockroach infestation, and contact cockroach pest control in Roanoke if you see any of these signs:
- Sightings of cockroaches increase around your home, with roaches often seen around kitchens, bathrooms, and food storage areas.
- Cockroach smear marks, shed skins, and egg cases seen around your home.
- Unusual or unpleasant odors permeate your property, especially in areas where many cockroaches are gathering.
- Cockroach droppings seen around your home; these appear much like ground pepper or coffee grounds.
Star City Pest Control & Wildlife is ready to help combat roach infestations once you see these signs around your home.
Cockroaches Trigger Allergies And Spread Diseases
One of the most challenging things about cockroaches is their ability to spread disease around your home and trigger allergies. As cockroaches invade your property, they will crawl over surfaces, through food storage places, and across any other area that has problems with safe food sources and nesting areas. The cockroaches will bring bacteria and pathogens from unsavory sites such as dumpsters and sewers, creating a serious risk of illness on your property. Diseases you can pick up from roaches include cholera, salmonella, and plague.
Additionally, as cockroaches run across surfaces and shed their skin, they may trigger allergies and respiratory issues for specific individuals. The larger an infestation is, the more likely asthma issues and allergic reactions will occur.
Call The Pros At The First Sign Of Roaches In Your Home
When it comes to roaches, you should never let an infestation go unchecked – it will only get more significant and more problematic as time goes on. Skip DIY cockroach control products and contact the Star City Pest Control & Wildlife professionals at the first sign of cockroaches invading your home if you want to eliminate this pest in the most effective, reliable, and stress-free way possible.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Cockroach Infestations
These five helpful tips will help you understand how to prevent cockroaches in Roanoke:
- Seal cracks around your home’s foundation, windows, and doors to keep roaches on the outside. You can use window and door screens in addition to weather stripping to cockroach-proof your home.
- Always store leftover food properly and consider using airtight containers in food storage areas to prevent cockroach scavenging.
- Never leave out dirty dishes, food and drink spills, or clutter around your home, as this will draw cockroaches to the aromas.
- Dispose of waste promptly, seal trash bags up tightly, and utilize trash cans with firmly fitted lids, outdoors and indoors, to stop cockroaches from scavenging in these areas.
- Remove cockroach harborage areas outdoors by cutting back long grasses and overgrown foliage, eliminating debris and wood piles, and ensuring reduced access to items such as outdoor pet food and fallen fruit.
For more information on cockroach prevention or assistance in battling an active roach infestation, contact Star City Pest Control & Wildlife today.